Bettis Joins ESPN as NFL Analyst
During today’s Media Day at ESPN it was announced that former Steeler Jerome Bettis will be joining the network as an NFL analyst.
Bettis will appear on NFL Live and SportsCenter and contribute to other ESPN platforms, beginning September 1.
“Jerome is accomplished, knowledgeable and charismatic – and he’s a very familiar face to NFL fans; he will be a great addition to our team of NFL analysts,” said Seth Markman, ESPN senior coordinating producer for NFL studio programs.
Added Bettis: “I’m so excited to join ESPN and bring the same passion, knowledge, and leadership that helped me win a world championship when I was a player. I’m looking forward to working with my new team to bring the game closer to home for all the fans to enjoy.”
NBC Sports to Produce On-Site Pre-Game Show Prior to Notre Dame Football
NBC Sports is jumping on the college football pre-game bandwagon by announcing today that it will produce a 30 minute show from Notre Dame Stadium prior to its coverage of Notre Dame home football games.
Liam McHugh will host the show, and will be joined on-site by Doug Flutie and Hines Ward. The opener on on August 31st will air on NBC while the remaining five pre-game shows will air on NBC Sports Network.
CBS Sports Network Announces Line-up of College Football Studio Shows
The CBS Sports Network has announced its slate of college football studio shows for the fall.
From CBS PR., here is the list of programs:
• FAST FOOTBALL (Tuesdays, 5:00-6:00 PM) – A new, fast-paced show that discusses and dissects college football’s main storylines each week with a focus on the latest offensive trends and how speed and innovation are changing the game. Debuts Tuesday, Aug. 27.
• INSIDE COLLEGE FOOTBALL (Tuesdays, 7:00-9:00 PM; Thursday, 7:00-8:00 PM presented by Bud Light and 11:30 PM-12:00 Midnight presented by Go RVing; Saturdays, following prime time game) – A complete look into the world of college football examining the top performances, newsmakers and high-profile games with in-depth analysis, debate and highlights.
• TACKLING THE TRENDS (Wednesdays, 9:00-9:30 PM) – A weekly 30-minute show hosted by CBS Sports’ lead reporter Tracy Wolfson that examines the trending topics across college football through a variety of interactive platforms.
• THIS WEEK IN SEC FOOTBALL PRESENTED BY SONIC (Fridays, 7:30-8:30 PM) – Previews the upcoming weekend of SEC action, highlighting the top games and providing news from across the conference. Features CBS Sports college football experts, including three-time SEC Coach of the Year Houston Nutt.
• LEMMING REPORT PRESENTED BY AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE (Fridays, 7:00-7:30 PM) – Hosted by Tom Lemming, the country’s leading college football recruiting expert, LEMMING REPORT examines the nation’s top prep football players with highlights, news and analysis.
• SEC TONIGHT PRESENTED BY GEICO (Saturdays at 7:00 or 7:30 PM) – Following the conclusion of CBS Sports’ “SEC Game of the Week,” the studio team recaps the day’s action from college football’s top conference.