ESPN this afternoon unveiled its new SportsCenter anchor line-up.
For the most part not much has changed. The big change is that Jay Crawford will move from First Take on ESPN2 to the SportsCenter desk from 12:00p.m. to 3:00p.m. John Buccigross, the current 12-3pm anchor, will be moved to the rotation of anchors for the 11:00p.m. ET show.
“We’re always looking to improve our shows in both content and delivery, and this is yet another example of SportsCenter’s constant evolution to accomplish those goals,” said Mark Gross , Senior Vice President & Executive Producer, Production in a press release. “John’s personality in describing highlights will add to our late-night depth, while Jay provides a familiar face in a new role for mid-day viewers of our networks.”
The new changes take place on July 9th.
Here is the new SportsCenter anchor line-up:
General ESPN SportsCenter Anchor Lineup Effective July 9
- · 9 a.m.: Kevin Neghandi & Hannah Storm
- · Noon: Chris McKendry & Jay Crawford
- · 6 p.m.: Jay Harris & John Anderson
- · 11 p.m.: Scott Van Pelt, John Buccigross, Steve Levy, Stuart Scott, Linda Cohn, Robert Flores (two nightly)
- · 2 a.m.: Neil Everett & Stan Verrett