Here are sonme sports media news items crossing our desk today:
- Buoyed by the Patriots/Broncos match-up on CBS, the NFL one again had the highest rated program for the week. NFL action was also the top-rated program in all 30 local NFL markets.
- CBS is prepping for its holiday weekend. Following the earn NFL game on Saturday, CBS will air the 2012 Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam Preview Show on (5:00-6:00 PM, ET or 3:00-4:00 PM, ET in late NFL markets). On Christmas Day CBS will air the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship Preview Show at 2:00p.m. ET followed by the NFL Films NFL Holiday Spectacular at 3:00p.m. ET and part II of the two part documentary Third and Long at 4:00p.m. ET.
- ESPN has announced where it will be stationed for Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis. The WWL will have its broadcast operations center at Indianapolis’ Pan Am Plaza. The location Lucas Oil Stadium. The location overlooks Lucas Oil Stadium and is just steps from the Super Bowl Village on Georgia Street and adjacent to the NFL Experience at the Indiana Convention Center. ESPN plans over 100 hours of coverage of the big game across multiple platforms beginning January 30th.
- Fox Sports is working with online news app The Daily in producing an iPad app for the college football bowl season. College Bowl Guide 2011-12 is available exclusively to sports fans using Apple’s iPad device.
- Chris “Mad Dog” Russo will be hosting his annual year-in-review program on SiriusXm Radio Channel 86. The look back at the top ten stories of the year will debut on December 24th at 10:00p.m. ET.
- Kudos go out to HBO’s Real Sports with Bryabt Gumbel for receiving its second Alfred I. duPont Award from Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism.